1. The add-in stores its configuration file in the user's "%Docs and Settings%\Local Settings\Application Data\C-Cubed\iPropWiz 2009" folder. So yes, they only have to do this once.
3. It should not show the message box if there is at lease one valid configuration file in the folder. I'll check on this.
4. This is expected. Since the add-in only creates its setup information the first time it runs, it doesn't know which iPropWiz config to use. Perhaps if there is only one config in the folder we could load it by default.
Thanks for the feedback,
Todd Hudgins wrote:
First let me explain how I have things set up. I am running a single vault project environment where I have a vault working directory structure local on each machine. I have house the iProp Configuration Folder under my Inventor and Styles Library folder. I have task sch updating all the library/template folders on each workstation once a week however the iProp Config is not included in that because task sch seems to be limited to IV and Acad files. So I will have to manually push up and pull down updates when they happen.
My question goes to the iProp interaction to the roaming profile of the user.
1) When one of my users starts iProp for the first time they are promted to select a folder for iPropWiz configuration files. Since I have already run iProp on that station and pointed it to the proper location this leads me to believe that this path setting is part of the users roaming profile, correct? If that is the case they should only have to do that once as long as the roaming profiles are working correctly.
2) The users then browses to the local vault directory that I have place the iProp configuration in, see attached for my structure.
3) Once the user selects that folder they are presented with a warning dialog that states there is no configuration in that folder or that it can not be accessed, see attached image.
4) iProp then lauches with no configuration however my predefine configuration is available to select from the iProp dropdown in the interface. They select that configuration and all seems to be working.