2012 test drive files

Discuss Autodesk Inventor. Post your comments and questions about Inventor here.
no avatar

fjnagle2nd
MCAD Lurker

2012 test drive files

Postby fjnagle2nd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:19 am

I downloaded a document (2012 Inventor test Drive) and was wondering if anyone had the files in question and would be willing to zip them up and send them to me? would love to go thru the 2012 tutorial to get my skills somewhat back up to speed before tackeling something more critical. Thanks in advance for any and all help...
Frank

Inv_kaos
MCAD Expert

Re: 2012 test drive files

Postby Inv_kaos » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:59 am

Tutorials and the files to download are online:

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor/e ... ventor2145

Do you still have a working copy of Inventor 2012 or is that more what you are after?

http://usa.autodesk.com/autodesk-inventor/trial/
Stew
"Oompa Loompas of science" - Sheldon Cooper
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken
no avatar

fjnagle2nd
MCAD Lurker

Postby fjnagle2nd » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:46 pm

My first experience with Inventor was Series 9 test drive and shortly after Series 10 test drive. You had to order them from the Autodesk web site and wait for them to come in the mail. That was the hardest part. The test drive came with a booklet and dvd containing the program and the "test drive" files.
So what I found was a pdf of a 2012 test drive booklet, and what I am looking for are the files it refers to. I found that these booklets gave you a fairly good set of basic skills if you went through a couple of times. Looking to do the same with 2012 Iv. I have used the 30 day trial version but since have had to reformat my drives so I lost the files that came with that. I used the trial version to model some RC heli parts and found myself to be somewhat rusty (go figure).
I've looked online to find a source to download the files, but have been unsucessful in locating them. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again for your time and help....
Frank

Inv_kaos
MCAD Expert

Postby Inv_kaos » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:09 pm

I didn't think the test drive was any different from the trial version. I am not sure if they issue the books now that everything is available for download. The book only went through basic tutorials, I am sure the online tutorials are more comprehensive. I haven't seen a test drive kit since R10 but I am pretty sure it is basically the same.

What 'files' exactly are you looking for, the links above allow download of inventor 2012 30 day trial and the the first one has the download link for all the tutorial parts and assemblies.. are these not the same as the 'test drive' files on disc?
Stew
no avatar

fjnagle2nd
MCAD Lurker

Postby fjnagle2nd » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:34 am

Not really sure, but the pdf file refers to files that apparently load with the 30 day trial. The full install doesn't seem to have the directories mentioned in the test drive doc. I think I might have the dvd with the 30 day trial that I downloaded before the crash and it might have the files if I can find the disc. My grandson loves to play in my office while I'm not here and re-arranges my stuff for me. I hate to download the trial again, cause it means another call from Autodesk. But if I must...
thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it. :D
Frank
no avatar

fjnagle2
MCAD Lurker

Postby fjnagle2 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:35 am

Found the files.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/in ... d=16463987
I am installing them now. Will let you know how I make out. Looking forward to the "test drive". And yes, one guy, two logins...It happens. :D
Frank
no avatar

fjnagle2
MCAD Lurker

Postby fjnagle2 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:51 am

So the file pack I downloaded seems to be a little different than the test drive. Could someone post the file Lift_Assy.iam? Thanks in advance for the help.
Frank :x:

Inv_kaos
MCAD Expert

Postby Inv_kaos » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:03 am

The first link I posted had the same files, did you look?

I believe the idea behind online tutorial files is they can update the tutorials throughout the release period. This may mean they have changed some of the files since the disc was produced..
Stew