ADD-IN: Automatic update Drawing Resources 32/64Bit

A place to announce and discuss the add-ons/plugins for Autodesk Inventor
no avatar

Jerry Payton
MCAD Regular

Re: ADD-IN: Automatic update Drawing Resources 32/64Bit

Postby Jerry Payton » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Rene, I'm afraid I owe you an apology. I never got back with you since March regarding the changes you implemented in v3.3 that addressed the border change to the template's settings.

Yes the changes you made have adequately corrected the problem for me, or maybe I should say they have addressed my issue.

There is one small dealio, but honestly matters little: the tick marks for the 8 zones horizontal and 4 zones vertical remain, even though the border in the template drawing did not have these tick marks visible:

tick marks remain.jpg

This hardly matters, really. In fact, I might just adopt it on my template.

I just want to say that if you gave me a link to a Paypal account I would gladly contribute. I very much appreciate what you've done here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
no avatar

CFol
MCAD Lurker

Postby CFol » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 pm

First of all, thank you Rene for this tool.

When I update (manual update) it wants to create a new document. When I hit 'cancel' on the new document creation I get an error message. I have tried re-installing the updater but to no avail. The weird thing is the updater works on my coworker's computer and we have the same settings (different locations for the source document though).

I posted the error message as an attachment.

Thanks,
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.
no avatar

Ren
MCAD Contributer

Postby Ren » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 pm

CFol wrote:First of all, thank you Rene for this tool.

When I update (manual update) it wants to create a new document. When I hit 'cancel' on the new document creation I get an error message. I have tried re-installing the updater but to no avail. The weird thing is the updater works on my coworker's computer and we have the same settings (different locations for the source document though).

I posted the error message as an attachment.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris
New add-in is available V 3.4 :wink:

I hope I have solved the problem for you. Please let me know.

Ren
no avatar

CFol
MCAD Lurker

Postby CFol » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Rene,

The good news is I got past my previous error (line 246), but I got another error (line 336).
The same thing happened. When I pushed 'U' for manual update it brought up the new part creation window and when I canceled the error appeared. I tried creating a new drawing when prompted just to see if that would make a difference, but the drawing was blank and the error still popped up. If we can get this running on the machines here, there will be about 20 very happy engineers and interns.

Thanks again,
Chris

The Real A
MCAD Contributer

Postby The Real A » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:54 am

Hi, I'm looking to also change sheet sizes from B to ISO A3 when updating drawings. Can this feature be added? I'm updating some legacy drawings to current standards. Also I cant seem to get styles to update from Drawings done in Inventor 8 (back in 2003). Is it possible to change layers and styles from ANSI standard to ISO easily? I'm having to update all styles manually, whereas if I can get this tool to work correctly, it can all be automated.
I now have Inventor 2012 64 bit Windows 7.
Thanks
The Real A
Currently seeking self-enlightenment. Once I've found out who I am, i'll let you know all about me.
no avatar

Jerry Payton
MCAD Regular

Postby Jerry Payton » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi Ren
no avatar

Niemarkt
MCAD Lurker

Postby Niemarkt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Hello Ren
Christian N
no avatar

Jerry Payton
MCAD Regular

Postby Jerry Payton » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Ren,

It appears the database for this forum truncated my last post to you. It was in regards to the hash marks that are added to the border when using your tool to update, when the template does not have hash marks.

Also, please check your private messages - there is another matter of concern. Thank you.
no avatar

john van weelde
MCAD Lurker

Postby john van weelde » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:48 am

When i manualy or automaticaly chage our template i get the following message.

we are using inventor 2011 with Windows 7
no avatar

Ren
MCAD Contributer

Postby Ren » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi
New add-in is available V 4.0 :wink:

In this version ther lot of news
* Settings is removed to a xml file, instead of reg.
* Replace the active Title Block, Border etc... according list.
* Deleting unused Title Block, Border etc.. according list.
* Update only if file is saved in folder according list.

Rene J
no avatar

Ren
MCAD Contributer

Postby Ren » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 pm

john van weelde wrote:When i manualy or automaticaly chage our template i get the following message.

Hi John
New add-in is available V 4.0

Rene J
no avatar

gilbert
MCAD Lurker

Postby gilbert » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:23 pm

Very usefull Add-in but have an error trying to replace title block by a new one.
no avatar

john van weelde
MCAD Lurker

Postby john van weelde » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:19 am

Ren wrote:
john van weelde wrote:When i manualy or automaticaly chage our template i get the following message.

Hi John
New add-in is available V 4.0

Rene J

Dear rene.
where can i get the v4.0 version.

i am not able to install the 4.1 version.

with kind regards.

john van weelde

brendanh
MCAD Contributer

Postby brendanh » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:17 am

Hi Ren.

I often get the below error message when doing a manual update when opening IPT parts. I have set all 4 of the IPT options to on (ticked). Also the IPT style is not updated. I have to manually go to Manage/Update Styles. Any ideas? I have attached the config file for reference.

RESOURCES.png
Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager/Owner

ileblanc
MCAD Lurker

Postby ileblanc » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:05 pm

Hello Ren,

I just tried the Automatic update Drawing Resources 32/64Bit. It worked well until I restarted Inventor. I received and error screen. I have attached the image for you to review.

I tried a re-install and ran as administrator. Still no luck.

Regards,
Ivon
Regards
Ivon

Jack of all trades... Master of none...
PreviousNext