Inventor add-in for hydraulic manifolds

A place to announce and discuss the add-ons/plugins for Autodesk Inventor
no avatar

cuddyver
MCAD Lurker

Inventor add-in for hydraulic manifolds

Postby cuddyver » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:32 pm

If anyone designs hydraulic manifolds, then they know how useful it is to have a cartridge valve library to add cavities to your model (I use it as a surface so that you can see through the block)...however, is there a consolidated library somewhere that can be accessed??...along with the valve patterns (NFPA/CETOP D03, D05 etc..)??

There is a company called Vest who sells mdtools...however their pricing is through the roof...they want $ 20K for the freakin' add-on...that's triple of what you'd pay for Inventor....

Thanks in advance for your response.

Troy Grose
MCAD Regular

Re: Inventor add-in for hydraulic manifolds

Postby Troy Grose » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:44 pm

So you use Inventor to design Hydraulic Manifolds?

I don't personally design the manifolds as we come up with the hydraulic layout design in co-operation with our supplier and then they have it sent to the factory to have it built.

I think Hydraforce uses Automation Direct and they also have a set of their own tailored software called Hydraforce iDesign. I can make all the schematics in that and then they can import it directly into Automation direct where they do all actual designing.

I just can't imaging doing all the designing in Inventor when there is software out there that is specifically designed for this purpose. I am sure that once designed in Automation direct you can then have it exported to a step file.
no avatar

cuddyver
MCAD Lurker

Postby cuddyver » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:01 pm

It isn't that hard to design manifolds in Inventor. You basically work within a surface and then put in cartridges from the sides /& on the top. Obviously, I lay it out "manually"...and it can be a pain in the butt when there are too many cartridges and valves in a manifold - especially with close angle drills etc, but still it isn't that bad. I hear Vest has a nice program and would like to hear from others....but certainly NOT WORTH thr $20K they are askin' for...LOL....

The Hydraforce iDesign is nothing to brag about. I registered with them, downloaded the file and in an hour deleted all 300+ megs of it....as with Hydraforce, you are stuck using their cartridges & valves and nothing else....also, having used Inventor and it's interface, there was no comparision.

Troy Grose
MCAD Regular

Postby Troy Grose » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:37 am

Hydraforce iDesign is just a "end user" program from Automation Direct. Its just branded for Hydraforce to have their name on it.

Now i don't have any experience with Automation Direct but I think the iDesign software that you and I have used is kinda like Design Review for Inventor, its just the freebie that everyone can use, but not the full product.
no avatar

nttoan8187
MCAD Lurker

Postby nttoan8187 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:36 pm

If you need some add-ins for your specific purpose, you can contact me at nttoan8187@yahoo.com. Maybe we can discuss more about your desire!
--------------------
Nguyen Thien Toan
API (Pre-Intermediate)
Technical Trainer & CAD Supporter - Inventor & PDMS Macros
CAD Team - SOIT
Industrielle Beteiligung Co. LTD Vietnam
Danieli Far East - Thailand
no avatar

ingmele55
MCAD Lurker

Postby ingmele55 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:47 am

Hi, I write from Italy .
The cheaper program to draw hydraulic manifold inside Inventor is to use an application called OLEO-Z that work with Autocad Mechanical installed inside Inventor .
This program work with all version of Autocad Full from 2000 to 2012 and a demo of this program can be viewed on You Tube typing OLEO-Z AUTOCAD .

The program OLEO-Z work with the 3D part of Autocad and you can draw all type of manifold .
You insert a hole on one of the six orthogonal views and the program make the 3D model of each hole .
The program check the minimum thickness between the holes to be sure that there are no errors in tour draw ,
At the end the program quote automatically all the holes and compile a table whit all the dates to make the holes .

The program can also make the 3d Model of the manifold to use with CAM program or to export in Inventor or other 3D program to make the Lay-out of the manifold with all valves .

For more information about the program ,price , demo drawing or video you can write to me : ing.melegari@alice.it